Are you ever allowed to eat your own food EVER again?

I guess I'm just ranting and being dramatic but every single time I make myself food, my 2-1/2 year old son has to smell it from 10,000 miles away and come and take it. It doesn't matter if he's eating chocolate and I'm eating a salad. He wants what I have. Will I EVER be able to eat my own damn food again or am I doomed to have to give him what I make for myself for the rest of my days?

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 4:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 16 month old does it along with his 4 year old sister... i'm guessing the answer is nope. :)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• haha I have snuck food like a yogurt and ate it under my covers. Even if i gave him one he would be coming for mine too. He turns 3 next month hopefully it changes.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We use that to our advantage to get our son to eat things he normally wouldn't. It's SO much more appealing when it's on Daddy's plate!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No never... LOL

My only is almost 20, when he is home.. What mom is eating is still better than whatever he is.... LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Nope, I have four kids and everytime I sit down to eat, even if they just ate they want to try mine. I make mine better they say, but its the same. IDK
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Make extra for him. I would be thrilled that he is not being picky!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• LOL (in sympathy) - I so remember those days! It does seem like you'll never get to eat your own food, go to the bathroom alone, etc. ever ever again.

This will end, but that doesn't help while it is happening.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't know if you will ever get to eat your food again... My daughter is 3 1/2 and she went out with my husband and tonight. I ordered salmon which I didn't think a picky 3 year old would ever even try. Nope, she LOVED it. I think she probably ate half my fish! I'll tell you if I ever get to eat my own food again...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 10:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• LOL, not unless the phase is transitioned to I don't like any food except for a small handful of items, gotta just make more of whatever you are making in anticipation of this...
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011