Tubal ligation?? need info....

im about to give birth soon to my third baby, and dont plan on having any more kids.... i have been seriously thinking about having a tubal ligation.... ive read some articles online and have been trying to see what kind of serious side effect there are, but havent really read anything that serious aside from weird menstrual cycles.... almost everyone i have talked to about this tell me not to do it, supposebly because there are serious side effects related to early menopause....?? so i would like to get some info on the side effects and if you had your tubes tied, was it really that bad? should i do it or not??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Health

• My sister had tubal ligation 8 years ago and she had no complications at all.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I had mine done a few months ago and so far nothing wrong with me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Had a tubal 34 years ago. Never had any complications at all. Went thru menopause like all my friends at the +time time did. The only pain involved for me was right after the surgery I had the worst gas of my life for a couple of days...it was painful, not life threatening just painful. But it was worth it without question.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I had mine done 9 years ago. No issues with it. My period is regular but light. The cramps before I get my period are bad but only lasting a day.. Not sure when you will deliver but keep in mine, many offices require 30 days before deliver for the paperwork to be signed.. Also don't let anyone tell you that you HAVE to have a c-section to get it done right after delivery, that is not true. Also you don't HAVE to have it done so many weeks after delivery unless you don't sign the consent in time.. My recovery was nothing because it was done a few hours after giving birth.. So I felt no more pain than I did with my other births.. I have not regretted this since day one :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I did not have any complications and did not go through menopause early
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No two people are the same. I had a tubal ligation in 1995 with no complications.
    Mudda69

Answer by Mudda69 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2011