PLEASE help this mama go on VACA <3

just had a baby a few weeks ago :)... baby number 4!! we have 3 older girlies who are 5 yrs & under... I want to go on a family vacation.. its going to have to be soon because the hubby is a police officer and has a few days coming up plus his days off that he can use for vacation..

im a SAHM so were on ONE income.. I really want to go to the beach-- & we live in Ohio..Im thinking Destin Fl.. or possibly NC outerbanks... or??? (besides Myrtle which I dont want to do)

What are some ways in which we can do this trip the cheapest? We arent made of money of course, but we are okay to take a vacation-- with 4 kids and one income however, i want to think of all the ways possible to save money for this!!!

thanks for all the ideas!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Travel

• I recommend considering a short term rental rather than a hotel for that many people. You might be more comfortable since you'll have more space, and you can prepare your own food since they usually come with a kitchen. Check out the city's website for tourist ideas-- you might be surprised at all the free activities or inexpensive activities available. Have you also considered camping on the beach? You'll need to check out some local beach campsites for that-- but your kids might actually have a lot of fun, and each campsite can usually hold 2 tents.

Good luck and have fun!

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Try Endless vacation rentals: http://www.endless-vacation-rentals.com/

They're awesome!!
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 7:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Drive!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 8:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I can't help with attractions or accommodations in those areas (we go to Myrtle Beach), but I can offer some tips that can save you money. We always pack snacks & drinks for our road trip & for once we're there. Stock up on non-perishable items when you catch them on sale & buy the other food right before you leave. It saves so much by packing a cooler than stopping at restaurants & convenience stores. You can pack a lunch for the way & stop at a rest stop to eat. We get a room with a small kitchenette. We eat breakfast in the room & fix our own lunches. We then treat ourselves out to restaurants for dinner. We usually do cereal for breakfast & sandwiches for lunch. Since it is the beach & it's hot, we usually don't want anything hot for lunch anyway. We try to make dinners cheap & one dinner that's a little bit nicer. If your family is like mine, swimming takes up most of the day so we just pay for attractions in the evening.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• Here's your answer. http://www.travelvacationsecrets.com You buy this one time membership and can travel to over5000 resorts worldwide. Once you buy themembership your entire family can stay at a 4 and 5 star resort for never over 699.00 the entire week. Let me know what you think.
    MichelleAlpha

Answer by MichelleAlpha at 9:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2011