How do you deal...?

When you feel completely unappreciated by your DH? I know I'm not an unattractive, I can still get attention when I dress up, but as the WAHM of a 3 yo I often choose not to. It's not like he gives me a reason to. He just comes home from work and sits on the couch anyway... I want to feel attractive. He just says going out cost $ we don't have. He's right....

wanderingmuse

Asked by wanderingmuse at 4:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Here's a tip for you.

If you want to feel attractive.. Do it for YOU not him. Don't do it for a reaction, or ego strokes from him. Do it for YOU, do it to give yourself an ego stroke, to make yourself feel good about you.. Once YOU feel good about you. Once YOU feel you are attractive.. Then he just may take notice. However, regardless if he does or not, YOU will feel better about you. And that's what matters in the long run.

Feeling attractive does not have to cost you money. Feeling attractive begin with your thinking and how you view yourself. There are many women in this world that look drop dead gorgeous without spending any extra money on make-up, nails, and fancy clothes. They do so because of how they view/feel about themselves and it shows. So looking attractive has nothing to do with money, so no I don't believe your husband is right.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I finally grew a pair and told my husband exactly how I felt. You don't have to spend any $ to have a good time, if you are short on funds. Or you could talk to him about possibly setting aside $5-10 every paycheck so y'all CAN go out.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Feeling attractive doesn't necessarily mean going out. I am happier when he feels like he can't keep his hands off me than when we are necessarily out and about. I do think that time together is important for that, but it can come in the form of a redbox movie or cuddling up and talking after the kids are in bed.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Sorry, military term :P
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Sounds like you guys are just disconnected in general and you need more time together and you need to feel like a woman whose husband is interested in her. You guys need excitement. Shake it up gir. DOn't wait for him. He'll never get up off of the couch to romance you. He doesn't feel the need. You need to have a drink and tell him.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• im going through the same crap right now i wish i cold help u
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2011