How would you handle her?

Hubs ex has a nasty habit of constantly bringing up their relationship. They haven't been together for YEARS. I know he's never cheated or anything. They have a lot of mutual friends since they went to high school together so occasionally they run into each other. I've been there sometimes, other times he's just come home and been like, "yeah I was out with _____ and she was there." But EVERY TIME I am around her she has to constantly hint about when they dated and the things they did and how 'fun it was!' She's married now and has a baby with this guy but she just isn't happy unless she's trying to cause problems. DH says she doesn't really bring too much of that stuff up if its just him and his friends and I'm not there, he says she doesn't even really hang around that much if i'm not there, so I guess she just wants to get under my skin. Normally, it wouldn't bother me but now I'm pregnant with our second child and I'm worried my hormones will get the best of me and I'll punch her, lol.

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 4:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• She's just stuck in the past. She'll grow up soon. Do everything you can to ignore her or perhaps befriend her. She sounds lonely to me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• lol DO IT! jk shes jus tryin to make you jelouse but you got hubby now so HA
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i just dont see why she wants to make me jealous. she's married to her own guy (hubs former best friend, guess she got as close as she could, lol) and they have a baby.
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• She is totally living in the past, and she is trying to get the best of you! Just remember that you are the one he is with now, and she's just jealous because you got him and she couldn't keep him! Also remember you are pregnant and you can't be punching people, even if it would feel amazing! haha! I've been there, and alot of it might just be your hormones and emotions making it seem 10 times worse than it really is!
    tbrosnan

Answer by tbrosnan at 4:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• "You were his past, I'm his present and future. F off."
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd make a snarky little remark about how sad it must be to live in the past. That's just me though =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• If she keeps bringing up what they used to do and "how fun it was" I would suggest saying that you know just how "fun" your DH can be, point to baby belly for emphasis and kiss said husband passionately.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 5:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• the best part about their 'fun' is I know they weren't anywhere near on the level we are because he was TERRIBLE in bed when we first got together. he didn't have much to work with when he was with her lol.
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You need to find one of her hubbys exes and take her out to lunch, make a deal that she will pop up in that chicks life and do the same thing! hahahaha hilarious! Just kidding, but OBVIOUSLY she is jealous. WHO Does that?/??
    Don't even worry about her. She just has issues. Say something to her but make sure you don't end up sounding jealous.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Well don't punch her not good and she is just trying to piss you off that's all just take it with a grain of salt and keep your chin up...besides you need to concentrate on your baby that is coming.
    Hubby needs to stay away from her because she is trouble and can and will cause trouble between you two if she can, misery love company...
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011