Anyone been to the holocaust museum? in washington?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Travel

• I went on my 8th grade Washington trip about 15 years ago. All I remember are the piles of shoes.
    Anonymous

• no I WOULD LOVE TO THOUGH!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No. I was trying to think back to the trip we took to DC in 8th grade as well, and I don't think that was part of our trip. I don't think I really would have understood the gravity of some of the information back then though, either. It is something I would be interested in go to as an adult, now.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We've been to the Museum of Tolerance in L.A. We never had the chance in Washington, though it is on our list. The L.A. museum is very sobering.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My son went when he was in 8th grade He enjoyed it. However it's not meant for younger children. I live in VA I would love to go.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 4:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• it was great! i went in 8th grade... you have to get there asap in the morning to get your tickets. i remember that there's a part where you get a little book and do a self guided tour and at the end you find out if the person in the book lives or dies.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Never been to the one in DC, but have toured Dachau in Germany. Even now, 60 years later you can still feel the sadness, fear, hatred, despair, etc that permeates the place. I've only been to the one concentration camp, but I'm guessing they're all about the same.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yes i went. its intense. i went when i was in college and it was beyond words. i remember the whole of shoes and i remember how the post cards and pictures lined the walls of the different levels and i think it was 4 levels. there was also an exhibit there when i went about a boy named danial and they had you hear his story as you walked through his life from the ghetto to the concentration camp ect. its def for adults. its a experience most do not forget.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• no
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• No but I would like to
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 9:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011