Reoccurring Dreams - Having sexual dreams about my dad.....Help!?? (Re-posted )

What do you make of having very disturbing dreams whose theme is always the same.

It's not the same exact dream ~ each one seems to be more disturbing than the last. But there are two constants: My dad and inappropriate sexual content. I am seeing him nude (never see his privates), and he makes advances towards me. The last dream ended with me being banished from the family and literally driven out after I have openly protested and feverishly argued with him about the inappropriateness of it all.

I had this dream for the first time about 2 weeks ago... then I had the dream yesterday when I laid down for a nap, and I had it again last night.   

Is it the subject matter of the dream that should be paid attention to OR is it the metaphorical subject (what the meaning is behind the obvious) that should be more concerning?

This is all so disturbing.... and for the record my dad HAS NEVER been inappropriate with me. And my daddy is a retired minister)

My dad and my family have been going through a lot over this last year. Daddy retired from preaching, then went through a period of telling us all that he is going to die this year (we don't know why, but he stopped after a few months), our family is going through some reconciliation after years of separation, me and the sister just younger than I are (seemingly) stepping into the lead positions in the family ( she and I seem to be the ones that everyone else looks to and comes to - don't know why). Our mother and daddy have both had serious health issues. 

(Re-posted this into Religion, hoping that some moms who think on a deeper , spirituallevel can help me figure this out)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Is your dad doing something else that you have a problem with? All I can think is that you're disagreeing with your father or someone else important in your life on something and are afraid to confront them. That is disturbing - it is amazing the things our subconscious brings up.

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have had some dreams that were so disturbing and so unlike anything I would think my mind would conjure up, that I believed the dreams were influenced by evil spirits. I have prayed and spoken out loud that I belong to Jesus, and that any spirits not belonging to Him must leave. I have also prayed in tongues in my dreams, or called out to Jesus in my dreams for help and the disturbing things stop. I don't know if that helps you or not. Just know that your dreams are not your fault, no matter how disturbing they are.
    Anonymous