Fat

for the first time in my whole life Im having a weight issue. I refuse to go up a size in my clothing (already did that once) and so now Im putting my foot down. I refuse to gain anymore weight... refuse!

Lets hear your success stories here. What triggered your weight loss and what one thing did you find helped you the most.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• eating low carb , and hanging my favorite size 10 shorts in the living room to keep me reminded
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I cut out dairy and gluten. The weight is falling off.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'm going on vacation in 6 months...I need to lose the weight so I'm on Weight Watchers and a treadmill...LOL

For me, just getting physically active started the weight to drop...also eating less sweets/treats and more veggies.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 5:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am drinking TONS of water and it's helping
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 6:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I cut my calories to 1500 per day and starting working out 5 days a week
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I cut carbs and am exercising. My kids are the reason I am getting healthy.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'm eating clean and running (as well as other exercise). 55 lbs down so far! I had a scare a year ago, when my blood pressure was 138/88 (at age 29). Then a couple of months later, I went on a much-anticipated ski trip with my brother, and I could only do 3 runs before I was ready to throw up and collapse. Between those, I was angry enough and scared enough that I knew I needed to change some things. It's been a somewhat slow process, but I'm making permanent changes in my life, and that's what's working.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• 2 yrs ago, I weighed 215lbs. I now weigh 148. I found an exercise I am passionate about...running. I lost 45lbs and got stuck, then began running and went to my 1st 5k and got hooked. I also enjoy cooking healthy food. I try to eat every 2 hrs and keep the food healthy and tasty now that I'm training for my 1st marathon.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i started eating a lean protein, 2 cups of vegetables, and a cup of fruit for lunch and dinner. and i ate a small bowl of special k or cheerios with 2% milk, a handful of blueberries and a cup of low fat yogurt for lunch. if i got hungry in between meals i'd eat some veggies or a piece of fruit or a special k bar. i lost 7 lbs in a week, but my diet before that was really unhealthy.
    SunflowerMom10

Answer by SunflowerMom10 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I was always as skinny as can be and HATED it! When I got pregg I gained 50lbs and lost none of it. I got disgusted looking at myself DH loves me regardless but I was so unhappy. I tried diets/ eating healthier and no luck. I was athletic growing up so, I just changed my way of thinking. Instead of concentrating on my weight I concentrated on doing 5K's.

Before I was NEVER able to get under 180lbs. I started running 3 miles everyday for 2 weeks and I have already lost 10lbs.
    Also, I no longer drink soda, eat fast food, and go out to eat once a month or every other month.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 10:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011