What would you do?

Ive been with this guy for 6 months. He is almost 31 years old, still lives at home. He went to college, had to file bankrupty, then found a "decent" job only to get fired.

I almost always have to drive to him. Because he only has enough gas to go to his coaching job and thats it. He never really just calls me, I always call him. His excuse is he doesnt like to talk....

Anyways I love him but am I shallow for wanting a man who can take care of himself and put 50 50 in a relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• laughingoh... gosh Im sorry... didnt mean to be rude.

but WHY did you even date him???????  I dont care how much you 'think' you love him that would be the stupidest move.  Leave him now.  He is a 31 yr old child.... and if you are on this site you must be someone's mother.  WHY would you continue to date someone like that when you have another human being you are 100% responsible for???????

Anonymous

• I know. I feel like a complete idiot. He does have a good heart. He made some bad decisions in the past with money and is paying back student loans. ( Thats why he says he cant afford his own place)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I guess Im too practical... there is no way in hell Id date a man like that.
    Heck I have been on my own since 18 (currently mid 40s)and have NEVER dated a man who lived at home and/or didnt have a job.
    Anonymous

• If you can settle for mediocrity your whole life, go for it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't think you're shallow. I wouldn't date a guy like that.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• badRUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!! he is a loser plain and simple.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• girl are you stupid or something?
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 12:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I dated a guy like that in high school. My advice to you is to RUN! If he hasn't changed by now chances are he is not going to. I don't see how you're shallow for wanting a guy who can support himself, and possibly a family.
    Anonymous

• You should find someone that will put 50/50 in to the relationship. If you love him then explain to him to more effort into the relationship because he isn't doing enough now. If he can't call you or take out then try to look for some one that will treat you better. But you need to try and talk to him before you take a big leap into something else.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Put your running shoes on.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 2:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2011