Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Asshole keeps texting me (unwanted contact)

I changed phone numbers a few months ago, and ever since I have gotten this number, multiple men have constantly been calling and texting my number, looking for a woman named Lynn (I honestly think she was a stripper, whore, prostitute, or something of that nature). This one guy always seems to text or call on a sunday and ask for her, even though I have made it clear that this is no longer Lynn's number...Then he'll proceed to ask "Well who is this?" or constantly keep texting me random bullshit, and today I have had enough of it. We have been arguing back and forth and I want to know if I can take any more action to stop this because the guy is obviously a pervert, retarded, or an asshole. My carrier is T-mobile and they don't allow you to block numbers from contacting you (worthless ass company) Any suggestions?


Asked by MaterialGirl198 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Technology

Level 17 (3,513 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Easy :)

    Go to your police station, they will give you a form for reporting telephone harassment. Once you do that the individual will be contacted and told not to contact you, if they do it again a restraining order will be issued, at which point they can face a fine/jail time.


    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Try to get the number changed and then ignore all contact with any number you do not recognize. Don't give them any opportunity to talk to you.

    Answer by elizabr at 5:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • um...change the number ...again?

    Answer by LovableFox at 5:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Don't talk to the guy any more- you are encouraging him by doing it. Call the cops and report it, and every time he calls, record it, call, and report it again. Good luck.

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • You could tell him that if he does not back off you will call the police and take legal action against him..... Otherwise I am not sure what you can do other than request a new phone number or change carriers. Good luck!

    Answer by MizLee at 5:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Thanks! I've done that and of course, he says "bring it on" and told me to come to his house and "bring it".....Where does this trash come from? LOL

    Comment by MaterialGirl198 (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • I would change the number again, but it would be a BIG pain in the ass! All of my clients, coworkers, friends, family and business contacts have this number. I dont want to have to inconvenience myself for an asshole, but if it boils down to it, i guess I'll have no choice

    Comment by MaterialGirl198 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • I would either ignore the calls and texts until he "goes away", or change your number.

    Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • Call your cell company, and have those numbers blocked.


    Answer by Christine0813 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

  • At this point I think your options are to either change your number again or contact the police.

    Answer by tspillane at 7:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011