• In the Spotlight:

More of a vent...roommate issues

Ok so my boyfriend asked me and my son to move in with him and his son. She said that she is super sad to see us go but happy for us because we are happy....whenever my son is playing with toys at her house she makes a big deal about "not wanting the house to be a mess" but her two kids and her and her boyfriend make more messes than my son and I do (we aren't home very often) and her older son is 6 and is constantly being mean to my son who is only 2. and then if my son trys to defend himself she gets upset with him for being a "bully". Now for a while I thought my son was starting the fights but I started quietly watching and it is the older child being very mean to my son but being quiet about it. When I brought this to her attention she said that it isn't his fault, he is just angry and jealous because my sons father is still apart of his life and her childrens father is not.....i don't think that makes it ok for him to act like that and not be disciplined for it! .....ugh just frustrated and angry and sooo ready for my life to be normal again.

logansmommy711

Asked by logansmommy711 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Raising kids in any house with other kids living is going to make things harder for your son as well as you. There will always be comparisons, but no kid is just like another. Comparing the two will only make it harder on both sets of parents. That also gos for if you and ds move in with your bf and his son. All kids have some problems, weather it be being a bully, or just alot of attidude. Me and my dh do not compare the kids. We do have a blended family too, but when there is an isue with one of the kids, its better to face that isue instead of conparing one to the other. I'm raising four seperate kids and each one is differant as well as speacial in their own way. My sons an artest, but I don't expect my daughter to be one too.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd move in with the bf and forget about it. She was obviously resentful and refused to see her son's fault in things with your son, and really there's nothing you can do about it other than move on. Good luck at the new bfs house :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I def know how you feel. We opened our home to a couple with a daughter who is about a year or so younger than my youngest. She would ALWAYS bully up on my two youngest girls, and whenever my girls tried to fight back, it was THEIR fault :/ So glad they are out of our lives now.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Not a good situation, and moving in with your bf will most likely be the same thing. I would save up and get into anything I could afford even if it was low-income.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2011