For all you curly hair ladies out there...

My 3 yr old has extremely curly beautiful hair and a clueless mother. I just don't know how to take care of it. I have straight hair, my older daughter has straight hair, I pretty much don't know anyone else who has curly hair, hence the cluelessness. Can you please give me a step-by-step plan and tips??? Many thanks!

scottshoney

Asked by scottshoney at 5:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Key to curls is product and layering. Get a good layered hair cut and use some sort of mousse, gel, anti-frizz stuff.
    Anonymous

• i love curly hair. first, don't use a brush on it, it will frizz. after she has a bath and her hair is wet, comb it and put in leave in conditioner, and some anti frizz. if you blow dry it, do it on low heat. and then put some mousse in it that is made for curly hair. don't comb it after it's dried.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 5:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My daughter is Bi-racial and i use hair serum, i use it in my hair as well i have very curly hair and so does she, it sorta smoothes it all out it to cute ringlets in stead of a a afro.....also my daughter has hair just like mine, my son on the other hand has the kinky course hair....i just use a small amount on her after a shower and it helps with tangles and keeps it nice smells good too

P.S. i use thermosilk hair serum

DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• While brushing, start from the bottom and work your way up. I sometimes spray a detangler, conditioner or an anti-frzz product on the brush before brushing, then it is easier to brush and leaves a pretty shine. If long braid at night.
    bree79001

Answer by bree79001 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• these are pics of her hair....excuse the second she is being silly lol

DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Leave in conditioner or anti-friz serum after bath. DO NOT use children's hair products, use one which is made for curly hair, and always condition it. Use a wide tooth comb rather than a brush. Do not blow dry.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• NATUTAL CURLY WITH KIDS GEL AND DIFERENT TYPES OF STYLES
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't understand that last comment, GlitteribonMom.. Whats that?
    scottshoney

Comment by scottshoney (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have naturally VERY curly hair. Never brush her hair, it wil only cause frizz. Use a wide tooth comb when it's wet and either let it air dry or use a diffuser instead of a blow dryer (which will also just make it poof). Use curling creams and frizz serums. Gels will just make the hair crunchy and can also dry it out. Also, be sure to condition her hair. Curly hair is more dry than straight hair so you should always condition it. You shouldn't wash it daily because that'll actually just dry it out more. Oh, I also suggest using Argan Oil. It does wonders for curly hair!

You can message me if you have any questions!

tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 5:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Ouidad is amazing!! Here's the website: http://www.ouidad.com/
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 9:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2011