LOL @ "those" parents

Do you have any friends/acquaintances who are SO enthralled with their children that they don't even seem normal any more????

I have a face book friend who can not stop posting about his high school aged son...holly heck it is like he has a crush on his own kid. I haven't seen teenage girls swoon this badly.

Do you ever say anything?  Do you avoid them? 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Some parent are just like that. Maybe she doesn't have anything else going on in her own life that she is soooo involved in every aspect of their teens life.... I'm sure that her son does not post everything about dear old mom,
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• you should definitely love your kids more than your husband so i don't know what the hell she's^^ talking about. it's better to love your kids too much than to be one of those parents who don't give a damn.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 5:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Sometimes I wonder whether I am one of those parents...
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 5:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am probably one of those parents and proud of it. I have 5 kids and two grandkids and pictures of them all over my facebook for my friends and family to see.

Answer by gemgem at 6:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I generally avoid them...kids are awesome [new to being a parent of a seven week old] but such affinity should be saved for the husband ;)
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 5:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We ended up avoiding the friends we had like that........operative word "had". It was just too much and never ending.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• LOL @ tiffaniek... I think you missed the point of the post.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• And I have to apologize to lovavlefox and tiffanie.... there was no reason for someone to vote you down. That was rude of them and nothing you said required a vote down.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• that's okay. i got a vote up too. lol
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 6:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• gemgem... pictures are fine... it is when they go on and on and on about EVERYthing. When they update you litterally every 10 min during a high school sport. when they dote on the one child and you never hear of the others. Im telling you this fella is warped.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2011