What types of food should I serve at a baby shower

I am throwing a baby shower for a friend in April. I need suggestions on what types of food to serve....It is her first baby and it is a girl due in April.

LillyMommy

Asked by LillyMommy at 6:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I always due finger foods. Cold cuts, maybe little sandwiches, pickles, fresh fruit, chips and dip.

Answer by gemgem at 6:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We usually do sandwiches and different types of salads or appetizers.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• sandwiches, cocktail weenies, chips & dip, veggies with ranch. simple stuff. you shouldn't have to cook a whole lot.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 6:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Quiche, deli rolls, cheese balls with crackers, fruit and veggie tray
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• One of the nicest showers I ever went to was appetizers only and then cake later. There were some cold apps set up as guests arrived and then others, some warm and some cold, were served every so often while gifts were opened. The host made sure the mom-to-be got some of each too. Then after gifts there was cake, small sweets, and coffee. Have fun no matter what you decide.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• It depends on the style of the shower, and what time of day it's taking place. I've been to a shower where the only thing served was sweets (cookies and cake), and I've also been to a shower where they had a full catered lunch.

Without knowing more details, I'd just go with lots of finger foods that can be made in advance, none that are too messy, and keep in mind how long they will be left out so they won't spoil.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 6:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• chicken salad on croissants, veggie, tray, fruit plate, I would ,make it light and spring timey.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Sandwich platter, veggie platter, fruit platter and cake.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 8:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Fried chicken, barbecue chicken, lasagna, macaroni and cheese, salad, fruit, fish ( if preferred) spanish rice, rice with veggies, plaintains, mashed potatoes, or if you want simple cheeseburgers and hot dogs , chips, popcorn
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• in my family salads are traditional "shower food". Homemade Chicken salad, pasta salad, seafood salad, potato salad. Then chips, fruit trays, veggie trays and maybe a sanwich tray, maybe some rolls abnd butter. LOTS of sweets like cookies, peanut butter balls, chocolate dipped strawberries, cheesecake and of course a regular cake. Then for beverages a bowl of punch, coffee, and a bunch of two liters of different pops with ice. Snce we live in Michigan most showers and stuff are done in the warm winter so that people dont have to drive in bad weather, that's why most of the stuff is "summer food".
    EricaG87

Answer by EricaG87 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2011