Does it irritate anyone else..?

Does it irritate anyone else when you try to read a post and the spelling is so bad or the grammar so horrendous you can't even figure out what they are trying to say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It bothers me to no end. I mean, if there are honest mistakes, (ot instead of to, a space in a wo rd, a hard to spell word that has been mispelled, had insted of has, etc) it doesn't bother me. I can usually "translate." But for the whole post to be in all caps and completely misspelled, it really irks me. I don't necessarily think those people need to go back to school, just take a hint from all the other posters. (BTW - pp - I only have a HS Diploma - but bad grammer is one of my pet peeves. Its not always lack of schooling that causes this.)
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• yes! I hate that!!
    Anonymous

• big time!
    callico

Answer by callico at 5:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• nah, somethings to consider....not everyone can type and so they have to find the keys more than work on spelling, they may have a learning disorder or they could just be very young and learning still and ANSWERS doesnt have spell check lol. Its all good.
    njoynlife

Answer by njoynlife at 5:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• doesn't bother me too much, but I really want to know what PIOG stands for????
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• PIOG= Posted in other group...
    Yes! I hate it when people write to the point you cannot understand what they are trying to say/ask
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 6:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It bugs me when it is me. If I type to fast, and then submit I hate seeing my mistakes. Other times not so much. I try not to judge on spelling. I'm more worried when I see the cheating sex stuff that I can read, if you know what I mean.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It definitely bugs me! I don't mind if a few words are spelled wrong, or if the punctuation isn't perfect... but some of these abbreviations piss me off!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I look at it as a challenge to figure out the Ebonics of others....like a word puzzle. It's fun and sometimes some of them are soo funny it's even funnier to read them out load to yourself just to hear how funny it sounds. Some people dont have a strong command of the English language and you have to give them credit for trying!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• no--it doesn't really bother me. there are so many other things to get my armpit hair into a twist over.
    UTZY

Answer by UTZY at 4:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2008