Ick... I ate some RAW chicken!!!

My mom and I went to Sonic and I got a crispy chicken sandwhich. I took a few bites and it just felt weird in my mouth. I looked down and it was RAW on the inside!!! I almost vomitted right in the car. They were really nice about it and gave me a coupon for a free meal, and I requested a hamburger to replace the chicken. But I feel sick just thinking about it!!
Have toyu ever had anything like this happen?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• that's disgusting but nice of them to give you a free meal. can't recall anything like that happening to me
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yes, i hope you dont get sick from it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That happened at a Sonic I worked at once. I guess since the chicken was pulled up from the fryer, the cook assumed it was done and threw it on the sandwich. The lady that got it was pissed. I don't blame her. She threatenend to sue the store if she got sick from it. I've never had a raw chicken sandwich before though. Had a bloody hamburger once though. They gave me my money back.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You should be calling corporate about that and demanding more than a free meal. That could send you to the hospital, and at least your money back and covering everyone's meal that ate. I am particular about that sort of thing though and I demand much more than the average person. I can guarantee they'd get into loads of trouble and you'll get a nice compensation if you just call and explain how displeased you are.

I've had lots of stuff happen like that, unfortunately. The two issues with direct raw food were from KFC, and I don't eat there anymore. But any time I go to Fridays they ALWAYS put bell peppers on the dish I order, no matter how many times I specify that I am allergic. So, yeah, management and I are usually talking when I go out to eat lol. I've learned to demand what I want and not back down until I get it.

On the upside, at least it's good to know they don't use frozen pre-cooked patties. =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yeap, it's harder to get compensation from places that are franchises, but generally speaking you can still get something better in return. Something as big as serving you raw food could get them in heaps of trouble, and I am sure they'd be more than happy to make you pleased and go about your way. GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• never , yucko
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Razelda: I think if I were going to get sick that I Would have by now. Like I said, they were really nice about it and the guy aplolgized like crazy. Accidents happen. As long as they apologize and don't get crappy with me, I'm not going to get crappy with them. The manager spent well over 10 min talking to us, in the snow, apologizing. The situation was handled correctly. If I would have gotten sick then I would have def. called and they would have been paying my ER bill.
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That's fine, but it's still something corporate should know about in my opinion. I am not asking you to be snotty to them, but I would expect more compensation than what you were given. It wasn't like they accidentally put ketchup on your meal, you could have ended up in the hospital.

Food poisoning generally takes 4-6 hours to kick in, but sometimes it can take a few days. On the rare instance symptoms can kick in almost immediately.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• omg no i would throw up too sorry that happened to you
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I just had the same exact thing happen to me! Sonic....crispy chicken sandwich. A
    I added cheese and bacon and it had lettuce and tomato so I was half way through the sandwich when I realized it felt weird, looked at it and it was completely RAW! Gross...now I'm worried I'm going to get sick....UGH!
    Kendallsmom605

Answer by Kendallsmom605 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 20, 2013