Update on my mom...so happy I could cry! (ahem...have cried! LOL)

First, I want to thank the ladies for all your support last night when I posted my original question:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/787876/How_do_you_get_through_the_very_real_possibility_that_you_are_going_to_lose_a_parent_Long_possibly_a

I wanted to let everyone know that she made it through her surgery, and it went much smoother than they thought. The tumor was smaller than they expected (although they said not by much), and that it was not wrapped around the major blood vessel the way they thought it was going in to surgery.

The tumor was not attached to her brain, it was just putting pressure on it, which made the tumor easier to remove. It went faster than we were told to expect, her recovery is already going smoother than expected. She is off the respirator and was already able to respond with things like her birthday and name.

Hopefully, we will be able to see her in about an hour! I'm sure you all can imagine how relieved we are, because things did not look good at ALL yesterday!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Health

• My prays are with you and your family. I loss my mom three years ago becouse of an anerism on her brain. Hang on to your mom as long as you can.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• This is wonderful news!!!

Answer by Bmat at 6:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• great news!!!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• hugs

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am so glad. Best wishes to her and all of you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2011