I am not sure what to do...

My boyfriend is wanting to name our baby [if it is a boy] Rowdy. No offense if some of you mommies named your boy Rowdy but I know at least 3 people that have/had a dog named Rowdy and I can not get that off of my mind. What should I do?? I'm so confused about this because I want him to have some input about the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• Ask him for a compromise. Maybe you could name him something else and call him Rowdy, as it sounds more like a nickname.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Can that be his nickname, maybe? I just see a kid named Rowdy being a rowdy teenager ... scary thought! How about Randy or something else that's close? Your opinion counts, too. What were you thinking of?
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 12:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• def. sounds more like a dogs name than a little boy's!! my bf wanted to name our son a name that was awful and was very gung ho about it...I just told him over and over that i didn't like it and it wasn't suitable for our son and that we both needed to agree on something that we both liked. eventually he got the idea. omg i would have regretted it every single day if the name he wanted would have stuck!! esp. since he is way out of the picutre
    klbnkndsmm

Answer by klbnkndsmm at 12:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I am so seriously NOT trying to mean by saying this, but you said, BOYFRIEND, not husband. Now, I know, husbands can come and go too, but not USUALLY as fast as BF. Just think, somewhere down the line, if things don't work out, how much you are going to regret naming your son that *ahem* "unusual" name!? I would REALLY push for some kind of compromise! Maybe if you lovingly tell him, "Honey, I wouldn't FORCE you to agree to a name you didn't like, please don't do it to me." I don't know, maybe not. But please, in the name of all things holy, don't name an innocent baby Rowdy!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• use it as a middle name. it doesnt pass the "politician" rule. every name should be able to pass as a politicians name to be acceptable. come on now... govenor rowdy? lol
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 12:29 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• my bf wanted to name our son albert lol, it reminded me of fat albert, but eventually i talked him down to something we both agreed on, it wasnt my favorite, or his favorite, but its one of the few we agreed on lol. Brycen Tyler.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My husband wanted me to give my daughter his moms middle name for her middle name, but it sounded weird. Kaiah Anne, Plus my mom wanted me to use her name. In the end, I went with something that I liked and my husband liked. You both need to find a name that you like and can live with. Think of the future. Can you see yourself saying it, calling for him. That helped me when deciding names.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 12:48 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I would sit down one night and watch scrubs, play dumb, but the dead stuffed dogs name is rowdy, there you go, no reasonable man would name their child after a dead dog! LOL
    And one more comment about the woman who made the BF comment, I think it was very disrespectful, MY BF and I have been together 5 years and have two amazing children, As you said yourself, husbands come and go these days as do wives, We believe marriage is a outdated tradition, and I find it highly insulting that someone would feel we are any less of a family because we lack a peice of paper,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• did you tell him you don't like that name? Can he think of some other name? Put Rowdy as middle and come up a first name you both agree and like.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• so compromise... come up with a name you both like. My SO wants to name our child(when the time comes) Donald Peter!!!! after his deceased father. I still say OH NO! not gonna happen lol so we will come up with a compromise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 27, 2008