Bump this if you're against child abuse.

i do this occasionally just to let people know we support the cause. lets show everyone that these kids are not alone, they have our voice as well as theirs.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 6:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I was in group therapy and Christian book study several years trying to get over the abuse I suffered growing up. So, I am compassionate toward children suffering under abuse.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• So, it's not for the points then. Sure. Bumping a post does nothing to prevent child abuse nor does it really show anyone that these kids are not alone.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i also was abused as a child and do as much as i can to stop it from happening to other children.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I HATE child abuse! Who could hurt something so small and helpless?!?
    GraciesMommy464

Answer by GraciesMommy464 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• jerseysmom, i don't even get on cafemom everyday to meet my "points" quota. i think you are extremely ignorant. if you had even been through it, or seen a child who has, you wouldn't think it's pointless. handing out flyers doesn't stop child abuse but it helps people open their eyes. i voted your answer down because i think you are a an imbecile.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i'm all for this post as i got to step kids that lived threw it and are now happy living with me and dh but its left them with problems tahnks to there mom
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• it's just not fair to abuse something so innocent and helpless. ughhh
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 6:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• And you are perfectly entitled to your opinion. All I am saying is that "bumping a post" or handing out flyers does NOT open people's eyes. Sure it might for about 30 seconds but after that 30 seconds are gone, people go right back to their comfortable lives. And yes, I have seen children who are abused, as I volunteer at a local organization for sexually abused children. Bumping a post does nothing for them. Now if you want to share statistics or ways that the everyday person can help, sure that does help.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I agree with Jeremysmom, there's no point in the post, it's not constructive and it's just plain weird to bump if you're against child abuse. I am very familiar with child abuse so obviously I am against it but I don't think this will help it one bit... Who isn't against child abuse? Sheesh.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i would think since you are involved in an organization against abuse that you would see this as an opportunity to inform others about services like that instead of criticizing. if someone shows a concern in something that you have experience in, that would be where you could help those children even more by getting others involved. usually when people post something about a particular cause, someone who works for an organization that supports that cause will give information of things other people can do to help. and therefore, some who do care, will do some research and get involved their selves. that is how it helps. so instead of using this opportunity to point others in the direction of helping the children, you had to be malicious.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011