Do you use Media Matters as a source?

Reeks of communism to me. Increasingly desperate Soros hacks.

The liberal group Media Matters has quietly transformed itself in preparation for what its founder, David Brock, described in an interview as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” aimed at the Fox News Channel.

The group, launched as a more traditional media critic, has all but abandoned its monitoring of newspapers and other television networks and is narrowing its focus to Fox and a handful of conservative websites, which its leaders view as political organizations and the “nerve center” of the conservative movement. The shift reflects the centrality of the cable channel to the contemporary conservative movement, as well as the loathing it inspires among liberals — not least among the donors who fund Media Matters’ staff of about 90, who are arrayed in neat rows in a giant war room above Massachusetts Avenue.

www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51949.html#ixzz1HqHoKoOw

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Media Matters for America
    Mar 25, 2011 ... A non-profit progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative ...
    mediamatters.org/ - Cached - Similar - Block all mediamatters.org results
    Not helpful? You can block mediamatters.org results when you're signed in to search. mediamatters.org

Glenn Beck
    Rush Limbaugh
    Only on Fox
    About Us

Sean Hannity
    MMtv
    Drop Fox
    Contact Us

Pretty much says it all.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• LMAO.......no!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• founder, David Brock, described in an interview as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” aimed at the Fox News Channel.

***

Jeez!! Progressives sure do know how to throw massive temper tantrums when no one gives them time of day!! LOL Why so much VIOLENT RHETORIC??? Did this Brock character not watch and swoon over Obama's infamous "peace speech" following the AZ shootings?!? (eye roll)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Never heard of it Carpy, so thanks for the tip . Sounds like a sensible alternative to the Fox News blather . Media Matters sounds rather curious if it combines communist ' reeking ' with the thoughts of George Soros . After all, my friend George is not usually identified with communist ideology . But then Carpy, anyone you don't like risks being labelled as a communist , from Barack Obama. to Old Mother Hubbard . I have no problem with a news channel which seeks to counter the lies, stupidities and ignorance of ' contemporary conservatism , aka as greed and selfishness , but i will check it out . Thanks.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I checked it out ....didn't see any evidence of George Soros. I did see some kind of humor in it and some people who see Fox News for what it is......a Conservative Blog TV show.
    I agree with Janet116's reply.
    Anyone who is not a conservative must be a Communist,right? LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Well gee, minnegerpie. If Janet says it and you back it then I guess that seals the deal. lol
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I do read MM. I'm a little bummed that as of late they only focus on Fox, but there is a lot of material there. Not only that, when people spout Fox as a source all the time it's an easy reference to actual info regarding some of the ridiculous claims Fox makes.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Well here ya go stacy

http://mediamatters.blogsome.com/
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

Comment by Carpy (original poster) 10 minutes ago

********************
    Well sure it does. :-)
    I figure why not give another poster a pat on the back, huh? we might be alone here.....hehe....so we need to support our fellow moderates , democrats. whatever.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• http://iusbvision.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/media-matters-lies-about-vote-fraud-reporting-obama-justice-department-talks-tough-while-encouraging-fraud/

There are tons of sites documenting with proof how media matters lies. What a joke. People who put their faith in them must be STUPID.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011