Trying to find a single mom to work out with in my are at the YMCA any sites or links on here to help?

lilac29

Asked by lilac29 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Click on the moms tap and then click on mom search. You can put your zip code into the search box and it will let you know all the moms who are in your surrounding area. From there you can look at their profiles to see if they are single or have an interest in losing weight and you can message them. You can also do a group search for groups that pertain to your area and ask in there.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think your best bet would be to look for groups in your area, just search the cities by you.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 8:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You can look in Yahoo or Google groups, or even on meetup.com or sparkpeople.com. Do some Google searching with your zip code or town name and see what comes up. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Talk to your YMCA as well. There may be classes or groups you can join to find friends. I joined a beginner running group at my YMCA and made LOTS of friends that way. We did a relay race together, now a couple of us are training for our 1st marathon a year and half after we first began. Some are moms, some aren't, some are single, some aren't, but we have fitness in common and we really care for each other!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011