Waiting for the bleep to hit the fan!

Well, we have a signed contract of our expectations & have heard nothing but broken promises as well as not following thru on the agreed upon & signed contract- so my 20 y/o son will be coming home to his things boxed up & bed removed. Not kicking him out of the house, (yet) but all his "crap" is now where his bed should be. He has to earn it back by taking care of things he said he would. BTW- It's the cleanest that room has been in a while! I just cant wait for him to come home- oh boy! What drastic measures have you taken to wake up those grown up children of yours? Or what did your parents do to you that made you face the real grown up world?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I made mine sign a contract. My youngest learned how serious Mom and Dad were by watching his brother be stupid. It got to the point I had to call the police because he was using drugs and stole from us. He spent the next 8 yrs couch surfing and driftring all over the country. A yr ago in April he asked if we could help him get on his feet. We signed a contract. This is his last chance and he knows it. He is going to school and will graduate in July. He has 3 months after that to get a job and get out. While he's here he's been big on saying "Well I'm grown" and I answer with "This is MY house, my rules If your grown butt doesn't like it get your own place" Y&ou keep doing what you're doing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• sounds like a plan of tough love when all else has failed. Thumbs up to you all for making a point to your son.!!!!!
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 7:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• We took our dd's stuff, all of it, boxed it up. Gave her a bed and blanket and pillow., in the middle of the basement living room. SHe wasn't even allowed to use her room anymore. It really woke her up for a good long time. The second time it got bad we just told her-hey, if ya can't obey our rules. you can't live in our house. Love you, bye! Life has been so much better since.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2011