Please help I have a dd who will be 6 next month and she crys about everything and I can't take it anymore.

You can't say anything to her she crys you can't tell her no she cries. You can't even joke with her she cries. I thought it was depression since it runs in my side of the family all my real dads family is on medication including me for it. The doctor doesn't want to diagnose her with that yet so she said to spend more time with her, but it isn't working. She was crying earlier cause daddy was letting her play his ipod and the battery was about to die so he asked her to put it on the charger she started crying then she started crying a little bit ago cause she asked if she could have a juice pack I said yes. She wanted one for her, her sister and her cousin I said ok then she comes in crying I am like what is wrong now? She says there are only 2 left. I am getting so tired of the crying I can't take it anymore. How do I deal with this? She will be 6 and her sister just turned 3 and she lets her sister keep beating her up or even her 2.5 year old cousin. She will say Madison hit me or Jake hit me and cry about it then they do it again instead of her moving she just sits there and lets them do it and crys about it. Plus I have another baby due in Augest I can't take it anymore please help

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• It might be the age. My niece has mentioned this about her 6 year old. Spend quality time with her and maybe it will pass soon.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Wow! I sympathize with you, it can get annoying, I am telling you, it is probably part of who she is. Try ignoring it and  not even acknowledging it at all. Emphasize that being a cry baby is not a good thing, it is for babies and she is way too old for that.....and mom, sending you lots and lots of patience, you are going to need it. Hugs....

Answer by older at 7:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I would for sure watch for depression. I would also tell her how she can communicate Tell her the Crying wolfe story. It sounds like she is getting what she wants from crying. Tell her that you will ignore her while she is crying.
    Keep an eye out if it get better or worse and if there is anything else that indicates depression.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I sent mine to their rooms until they could talk without crying. It was a stage they had to go thru. I don't hear you when you're crying or whining. We'll talk when you're done. if she wants to sit there and get hit, then she deserves it, "don't cry to me. All you had to do was get up and move." Sounds like she wants to be babied. Remind her that she's a big girl, big sister, momma's helper.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 7:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

actually when she does this I send her to her room because I can't take it. I feel bad, but I can't
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• 1,2,3 Magic by Thomas Phelan
    it works so well I have 16 people I personally know besides myself who love it I just purchased a new copy b/c the old one was wearing
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Just have a big conversation about what you expect, which is for her to cut the crap and tell her what you are gonna do

The next time she comes crying say, "Stop crying, and come back to tell me when you are not crying" Then walk away. Sending her to her room is not saying stop crying, in my opinion. I think it is saying I don't want to hear you at all. Just my opinion.

The success of this will be with your consistency.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• BTW, we use 123 Magic also----it is awesome

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That sounds like to me that's her way of expressing herself and not depression. With what you're talking about it sounds as though she uses crying as a way to get things, to get attention, and to just general (as I said) express herself. I think that it's important to tell her "You're not getting a sippy cup until you stop crying. If you feel the need to cry then you need to go to your room." "[Insert name], you need to ask them not to hit you and move away from them. Allowing them to do it doesn't warrent anything." Just be firm about her not crying over everything. I really think that she's doing it more for the effect that it recieves. Obviously, I could be wrong and she could have depression, but I really don't think she does.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• she isn't on a sippy cup anymore and hasn't been for sometime now. She doesn't cry because she wants something she just cries if you play around with her or if like yesterday she asked for a juice pack I said yes but there wasn't enough for all 3 kids so she started crying. But she doesn't cry to get a cup or something like that.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 7:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2011