My boyfriend picks on my son, does anyone why why he'd do this?

My son is 12 years old and my boyfriend picks on him and always wants to punish him. When I stick up for my son, my son says I'm overreacting and sticks up for him... : / I don't get why my son would do this and why would my borfriend pick on him.Why would a man feel he has to do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• That is a lot of whys. I have one for you... WHY would you stay with a man that mistreats your son?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• He is prob jealous of the relationship with your son. If he loves you then hell treat him good. Your son comes first. Your bf needs to respect your son and yourself or get the hell out. Sorry to be so blunt lol GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Look forget the son for a minute. If he is not the dad, then he has no right bothering your son, and if your son is telling you it's no big deal, then obviously he's not bothered by it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Your son may not want to make anyone angry or upset. Or he may want to seem like it doesn't bother him because you like the boyfriend. He is not mature enough to be able to deal with this. Your boyfriend has some growing up to do. I wouldn't stay with someone who picks on my kid.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• As Ambr said this is NOT his son. Id put yourself on the other end for a minute. If your ex(his father) was with a person that treated your son this way...would you be ok with that? Why let it go on in front of your face? Your bf is immature and insecure IMO
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd be finding me another boy friend!! I wouldn't let my husband, let alone some guy I'm not even married to, pick on my child!! The first time this happened, he'd be gone! Kick him to the curb!
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yeah I'm with Sleeping Beauty. Why would you put up with a man who would pick on your son?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• It is probably one of those man things that only they understand, maybe he thinks that is going to toughen him up or something.

Answer by older at 7:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Playing around teasing a child is one thing.... PLAN OUT PICKING ON AND HIM PUNISHING HIM..... THAT IS WAY OUT OF LINE!!!! THAT IS ABUSE AND CONTROL. dear BF has no rights to mistreat or punish YOUR CHILD with another man. HE IS NOT THE PARENT and acts very immature at that. Love, sex, companionship or finances... what ever reason you keep bf around for DOES NOT GIVE HIM THE RIGHT TO TREAT YOUR CHILD THIS WAY. and for you to allow it???? makes your son feel like its ok..... want your son treating his child like this or a younger sibling??? constant harrassment.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 7:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• boyfriend needs to go. he is too childish.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2011