How do i get purple easter eggs?

I am doing all of my eggs in purple for my grandkids who are all Justin Bieber fans? I want them to be a real pretty dark purple. Should i just get a egg dye kit and just do the purple in it? or should i try food color? and if i do food color, how do i get a pretty purple color?

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You can buy purple food colour or you can mix red and blue.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You'll get the darkest colour by buying a deep purple gel or powder, rather than the liquid colour, which is hard to saturate enough.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Red + Blue = Purple
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• What dancinintherain said

GL!
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If you use food coloring, make sure you add a bit of white vinegar to the mixture! (Generally what you see in the cup will be the color of the egg...just leave it in super long--like HOURS if you want a very dark egg!)
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wish i could just buy a package of the plastic eggs all one color (purple) that would be easier. But all i see is variety of colors in packages.
    Honda309

Comment by Honda309 (original poster) at 5:57 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Well a local cake decorating store will have purple dye and will be less expensive, I doubt one dye kit for Easter will give you enough of a lot of eggs.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• i would buy an egg kit
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• We just use the standard food coloring in vinegar method.  The more drops of red & blue, the stronger the dye.  Leaving them in the dye longer will help you get a darker color.  I've never used any other method or material, so I can't compare techniques.

BryzniFaye

Answer by BryzniFaye at 3:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011