What do you do to handle stress?

I've been going through so much and honestly I'm on my witts end.... I've had to force feed myself, I've been having horrible nightmares and nightsweats. I've been super emotional and I just feel exhausted. I really need advice ladies.... It is so bad that I just ate for my second time in about a week or so :(
I really need to know how you deal with SUPER stress.... I'm alone and the stress is intense (if you read the post I had before it's about an abusive ex) I just honestly feel like I need a friend...Thanks, sorry this is like a vent too...

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I also like to stay out of myself when I have pain like this. Bake for neighbors, volunteer at something you like, do anything physical, go for a walk, get small projects done, or anything which helps you to forget about the wrong which happened. Future and past tripping will bring pain, try to enjoy this moment. Life goes by too fast to let "that committee in your head" control you. It is a fight against yourself at this point, the best thing is that you also hold the solution. I made the mistake of trying to drink it away, I wouldn't suggest it, it didn't work ... :-) I had to learn to look at myself, change the way I think, and take power away from the pain by basically learning to ignore and shut it down. I hope some of this might be helpful. Feel free to add me as friend ...
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Vitamin B12, eat a banana. They are both good for depression and stress.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• thanks Kimimale, that's great to know!
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Exercise!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 9:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Hugs ... I too have been through extreme stress. I have learned so much throught it all. 1st and foremost is to be aware of your thoughts- look up Two Wolves, A cherokee parable. We can only escape a bad past by adding something better to our future. No matter how much time we fixate, cry, rage and want things of the past to be different, it can't happen and we need to accept ( quit fighting) them in order to move on. I spent way too much time in misery because of deep pain that I didn't know how to escape from. We all carry dark passengers in life, some are greater than others, the trick is to not let them control us. Gratitude, logic, acceptance and thinking differently will pull you through with greater ease. Hold on tight to your humor, it is one thing that helps pull you out of this "feeling". No matter what it is, "this too shall pass" chin up and know you will get through it.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Scream
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 9:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have to agree with LeJane about getting out of yourself and doing something worthwhile for someone else. That always helps me to feel better. Breathe deeply before you start your day so you can mentally get yourself on the right track. Listen to some soothing music that will help you to relax. I hope this helps. HUGS to you.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Im sorry to hear about this stress you have. When i get stressed i go for a run or even to the bookstore....hope you feel better....
    motherof4419

Answer by motherof4419 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2011