DH treats our daughters like they're his little sisters?

We have 3 girls under the age of 5, the oldest is his step-daughter. He treats them like they are his little sisters sometimes, he will actually argue with them and we argue all the time on how to dicipline them. I feel like I spend more time defending the kids than anything else. He also ignores them when he plays xbox or if they walk in front of the Tv he yells at them to move out of the way cause he can't see the tv!! He is selfish and if there is only one dessert left he will eat it instead of giving it to them or if he fixes something to eat and the girls want a bite he says" No its MINE". It drives me crazy!!!!!!!!! I talk to him about it and I've even told him that maybe we should spend some time apart and then everything gets better for a week and then its back to the way it was before. I know he loves them but he gets so frustrated with them sometimes. Do you think he just isn't ready to be a dad yet??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Threaten to take away his xbox, see what he does. If he acts like a kid, maybe you should treat him like one.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• honestly i think he needs to grow up and be a man and act like a father not like a little kid
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• It's just a matter of him not being as selfish. What he's doing isn't the worst he could do, even though it's frustrating for you.
    He's not going to change if he doesn't want to, so either he gets it and changes or you'r shit out of luck.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2011