Attraction

What is it that initially attracted you to your DH and what keeps you attracted now? As time goes by, I have a harder time finding myself attracted to DH. His weight yo-yo doesn't help, but he has never been a small guy. I just feel like some of that emotional interplay and flirting is missing....

wanderingmuse

Asked by wanderingmuse at 8:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• the longer your with someone the longer you have to pick out their imperfections.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 4:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• First time I met my now husband...I thought he was ugly and not very attractive on the outside. A few days later, I had just gotten my lunch and turned around to look for a seat when he came up and said "there's a spot next to us at our table if you'd like," which...I'd never had a guy be nice like that to me before. It was very refreshing. We eventually started hanging out together and became very good friends...and of course things went from there.

So my story is to say...attraction doesn't have to be something outward in appearance. For me, its definitely his inward beauty and love that keeps me with him.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• his height 6'3
    blonde hair blue eyes
    muscular bod
    chiseled face/jawline
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• what attracted him to me is that he was a guy with his own place. I was still in high school and he was someone to go to when I wanted to get away from them. now I'm not so sure what it is, but I guess there is something because we're still together.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• His laugh, his blue eyes, his hands, his heart.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• At first, his height and build, his blue eyes and incredible smile. Then, his intelligence and kindness. Later, his generosity.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 9:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That he treated me like a lady, he still opens doors for me and pulls out chairs.
    BraenatsNeeNee

Answer by BraenatsNeeNee at 9:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• First of all his heighth, 6'4", his gorgeous brown eyes, and his bronze tan. Now it is his faithfulness and support to me and the boys and he is my best friend and we can talk about everything. We have alot of fu together. I could not imagine my life without him.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 9:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I love his body (minus the big stomach) and he's so rugged looking now that he's aged and matured in his looks. I love his masculine mannerisms too and to me he is a bad ass.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• His easy smile, his gorgeous blue eyes, and his open, friendly personality were what attracted me to him in the first place. All that is still there, but now it's so much deeper than that- his big heart, his love for our children, his killer work ethics... He's just an awesome guy :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011