Professonial pics.. maybe @ walmart? no bashing please

I am 29 weeks and my husband and i were really wanting to get professonial pics done (like those cute ones with him kissing my belly) We're on a really tight budget right now but we really want it done, maybe in like 3 weeks. But we dont know where to go where we want spend hundreds of dollars ( b/c we really dont have that to blow)

I saw wal-mart is always having like those deals on pics. and they seem pretty cheap. BUT i dont know if walmart does the pics , and if they would be any good.

have you ever gone to walmart for these kind of pics, if so, how were they?
If not where did you go, and if you dont mind me asking how much did u spend?

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would go to somewhere like Sears, Kmart there studios are owned by Olan Mills, and they do these package deals that are very reasonably priced and very professional.
    BraenatsNeeNee

Answer by BraenatsNeeNee at 8:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• ok great idea! i wasnt even thinking about sears, im gonna look it up now
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have done them for the past 2 years for dd pics. I don't have any problems with them. But it also depends on the photographer and how well he/she does them.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i had my son's pic's done at walmart last year and they appear cheap..until they tell you that the $10 only applies to ONE pose! so we ended up spending nearly $300!!!! it was a rip!!!!

i would just ask a friend with a good camera. then you can do it where you feel comfortable and more at ease anyway!

congratulations!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't think walmart will do those, you would have to go to a professional. but what you good do is find someone that has a great camera and have a friend do the, and then you can get them blown up to whatever size you want. Good luck!!!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• It depends on the photographer. When my older kids were little I would sometimes get their pics done when we went in to shop, just in whatever they had on. I got some great ones and some not so good ones. Do you have friends you can ask for local recommendations? I agree that Olan Mills is usually good with more experienced photographers than you typically find at Wal Mart and sometimes you can find a coupon for them or a special deal they are running.

Answer by missanc at 8:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yeah , came out good
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I would find a friend with a digital camera. You can do any backdrop you want. Put up a sheet, go to a park, etc. Once the pictures are loaded in the computer, you can edit, put on cd and print whichever ones you want. Photo paper isn't that expensive. And it's a lot cheaper than professional. I did photos for a wedding, put on a cd and gave to the couple. Let them choose which ones to print out.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• ok thanks! im looking all this stuff up ! ha! , i wish i knew someone that lived around us that could take the pics, they would be the best thing but idk anyone.
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I am not a fan of the wal-mart photos. the paper is cheap and they are not very professional. I was also not impressed with JCPenny. Sear is supposed to be pretty good and they almost always have a special. I love Portrait Innovations this is a smaller chain around where I live. They do great specials as well. Call around. Photo places are ALWAYS offering deals. Some offer Baby clubs where you get a free 8x10 every 3 months no sitting fees and some offer quarterly packages that are pretty cheap. People these days aren't spending as much on photos so you are bound to find a deal at a place you can be happy with. Also check craigslist for private photographers who are just starting up. Get inexpensive shots at a location like the park or something. That may be more than you want to spend right now still but a good thought for the future.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011