Do u think it is fair to the child (ren) of women who went to sperm banks to become impregnated ?

stork

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Are we getting voted down cause you don't agree? Just curious...
    Anonymous

• Of course.

Why not, many women...MANY get pregnant by a man (I use that term loosely) And never see him again, or worse, they see him and he only causes grief.

So whats the difference. The only difference I see is good...the mother made a CHOICE to become pregnant, she obviously deeply wants a baby and worked hard to get it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I do agree with the above posts but also understand why you asked the question. It can be hard on a child to always wonder who their biological father is. But knowing that their mother went out of her way to conceive can be heartening. That means that you really wanted a child and they weren't an "accident."
    SammyHolloway

Answer by SammyHolloway at 9:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

___________________
    It can also be hard ona child to know WHO their bio father is, but know that he just doesn't want them! At least, this way, they KNOW there were wanted. I think it is fine. In addition, some of these donors are used to help couples concieve when the man has fertility issues.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Who are we to judge how people acquire a kid?
    Anonymous

• A parent is a parent to me, if they are loving and good providers, doesn't matter how they get knocked up. I know a handful of people who've gone to the "bank" and they are amazing people.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Why wouldn't it be? At least then you have a mom that really wants a baby, and is more likely to be an attentive mom than some who accidentally gets pregnant (not bashing accidentally pregnant moms). Is it fair to the children of women who get pregnant from one night stands, and then go through all the legal stuff and get shuffled between homes every other weekend?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Why wouldn't it be? Plenty of one parent family's raise kid's alone and they are well adjusted and JUST as loved as 2 parent family's.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Y E S !!! Those children are very much LOVED!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 9:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Sure, I have a friend that did that because her DH couldn't have anymore kids. No big deal!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011