Not sure what is going on...

ok hears the deal... i have a ten week old baby girl and I have not had a period yet!! I mean I was bleeding of course for a while after we came home and then stopped. a week or two later I had a little bit of bleeding but i didn't last to long. I assumed that was my first period. that was at the end of or beginning of oct.!! (sry im not good at keepin track and of course i had other things on my mind like baby!) anyway so far this month...NOTHING. i have had a tad bit of cramping but other than that not a thing. of course the first thing that popped in my head was pregnancy but hubby and i (this sounds bad!) haven't even had sex yet. poor guy. we have "tried" a couple of times with a condom and it just hurts so bad plus my drive is way down so im just not into it. by trying i mean he didn't even get totally in. what is going on? is this normal? anyone with any answers would be great!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Health

• It shouldn't be hurting like that by now, especially if you had no problems pre-baby. I would follow up w/ the Dr. you could have an infection.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Are you breastfeeding? Sometimes if you are breastfeeding you might not get your period...but be careful, you can still become pregnant again. Just be glad your not bleeding...my son is 3 mos and i've been bleeding the whole time. I think everyone is different and maybe your body just isn't back into the swing of having periods yet. Unless you had a tear that had to be repaired, I agree with kimebs you shouldn't be having pain with intercourse, you might be uncomfortable but not painful. Talk to your Doc.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:17 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I am breastfeeding. i wasn't sure if that maybe had something to do with it or not. anyone know anything about that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Some women don't get their periods back until they stop breast feeding all together (thus the myth that you can't get pregnant while breast feeding). Have the other problem checked out, when you do have sex, use protection, and don't worry about your period. It should be fine.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:22 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I breast fed my daughter for about 6 months and did not have a period until AFTER I stopped breastfeeding!
    EmrysMommy1206

Answer by EmrysMommy1206 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Hey, it can totally hurt 10 weeks later if you had an episiotomy! With my first daughter, sex was painful for about 6 months, and I'm sure others had similar experiences! But as for not getting your period, breastfeeding will make you not get it, and also the trauma of having a baby and your hormones getting back to normal will do it too! Yeah, I didn't get my period till like 6 or 7 months after the baby was born, since I was breastfeeding, but I got it while I was still b/f if that makes any sense at all.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• your baby doctor should have explained to you while you were in the hospital that when you breast feed you can stop your period but it is harder to get pregnant but not inpossible so be careful also for the pain ask the doctor if kyjelly will help it gets the lube to make it a little more comfortable sometimes it takes like 6 months or longer for the pain to go away . if it is a llittle pain but if it is alot of pain see your doctor. The second one is alot easier than the first.
    Theoneandonly

Answer by Theoneandonly at 3:10 AM on Nov. 27, 2008