Nightmares that only get worse...

I have this horrible nightmare that seems only to get worse as the days go on...it has to deal with my ex & me ... i served DOR with paperwork so that he has to pay child-support & my case was granted ...the only problem is I keep having this nightmare that's he gonna come threw with one of this threats...
what do i do?
just i just brush it aside?
do i contact my local police department?
i have informed DOR & they are aware of his past & present behavior...
should i be afraid of him...?
i just don't know what to do?
i am not backing down i am going threw with this we wanted this child together...but i want these nightmares to leave...any ideas for this momma?
(i'm putting it in Health since it's effecting my daily schedule & life)

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Health

• Proud of you, mama! sounds like your dreams are around being aware of him/his threats and being prepared. Do you have a plan if he tries to go through with this threats? That's what your dreams are telling you - BE PREPARED. What do you do to protect yourself and your child? Once you have a plan in place,do others know of your plan, and you have you practiced your plan, nce you are comfortable with yoru plan, your dreams may go away. I believe we need to be in touch with, pay more attention to, our subconscious brain. On some level, our subconscious is telling us what to do, what to be prepared for. Listen, pay attention to it, mama and stay fierce!!!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Can you get a restraining order on him? Yes, you should call the police and apprise them of ANY threat he makes....tell everyone and document anything you can. Be cautious. Don't live with fear but certainly be cautious.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't think the police have any reason to hear about your sleep... although you may like to speak to a professional, if it's interfering with your life.

It may surprise you to learn that dreams are not outside the realm of our conscious control. It takes practice, and hypnotism can help a lot (so can talk therapy, as long as the counsellor knows dreams are controllable --lots don't)... but you can become aware that you are dreaming, and shift away from what's frightening, or alter it to the ridiculous, or just wake up.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Also, how stable is he? Any past of anything shady? Sometimes our dreams tell us stuff.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i have spoken with my therapist she has told me to inform my police because she's meet him in a few of my therapy sessions & feels he could be a harm to me, himself & the babies
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't cause I haven't a clue to what to do :(
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2011