I want to take a cheap florida vacation with 2 kids. Any suggestions on where we can stay?

how can I find a cheap but clean and safe hotel in Florida?

Asked by patrinaplus2 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Travel

• I recommend Hilton Garden Inn which is near Universal Studios-I'm sure the kids would love that.  

Here is where to search for some nice hotels

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 12:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Try calling for off season can save more than half if ya go late in the season and it is still plenty warm. FT Walton Beach in the panhandle is beautiful ...white sand beaches and emerald colored water. Also Check out Destin and Pensacola areas. These area are the out of the way places in florida...less tourists and more beach to yourself. good luck and have fun!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Panama City Beach Florida is a wonderful place to take kids and it is very beautiful and reasonable. If you are going to be going for a week, check out, they have condos to rent and that is the best way to go for vacation anymore.

Answer by momshair at 2:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you decide to go to Panama city beach, go in August towards the end of the season.  It is quieter and you get the condo for about half the price...also watch because sometimes they have late cancellations and you can save then.  Ebay also has vacations you can purchase in that area.

Answer by momshair at 2:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Try They have great deals. Look for specials at the Royal Plaza...really nice, in Downtown Disney.

Answer by jojomomuv at 7:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It depends on where in Florida you want to go. Also when you want to go. We went to Orlando for our honeymoon in 2002. We got a room at an Econolodge for $33 a night. The room was pretty decent. If you have more specific places, email me and I will give you some suggestions. I am a travel agent and can give you some ideas on places to call. And I won't charge you :)

Answer by busybee914 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you can go the last two week in August-you will save a lot. Schools have started here, and many places in the south, so most tourists are gone. I live near Daytona Beach. There are some nice places here, beautiful beach, turtle nesting. Water Park,

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2008