When is the best time to get pregnant after going off the pill?

What i am wondering is if i can base it off of the ovulation calendar that i found online at babyhopes.com. I am wondering if when i put in the date of my last period, which would have been right after i finished my last pack of birth control, if that is accurate as far as ovulating time. I am off of birth control, and my DH and I would love to have a baby!

BeccaBol

Asked by BeccaBol at 9:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I got pregnant immediately after stopping the pill.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Typically the first three months after stopping the pill is when you are most fertile. That's when I got pregnant with both of my kids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I got pregnant immediately after stopping the pill with my first pregnancy, but then it wound up being a blighted ovum (there's a sac, but the fetal pole never developed) and I had to have a D&C. Most doctors recommend that you wait at least a month, preferably two, after going off the pill before you start TTC. When I got pregnant with my daughter, I had waited two months after being off the pill, then immediately got pregnant on that third cycle.
    Good luck!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 9:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I'd say to calculate from the first day of your LMP, even though it was right after you stopped taking the pill. Plenty of women get pregnant right away- I know I got pregnant as soon as the Mirena was removed (same hormones). Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2011