Are you saved, single and dating?

How do you handle being single, saved and wanting to date someone that is saved also? Are you dating? or still looking? You know that you just can't date any man cause the spirit of God within you just want let you.

jesspraise35

Asked by jesspraise35 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personally, I believe that it is ok to be single, saved, and dating, as long as you date according to the the Bible.  What I mean is, since you are saved, make sure that the potential guy that you'd like to date is also saved,  also, there shouldn't be any physical contact that goes beyond holding hands, your conversations should be of wholesome topics, no pet names (baby, sweetie, etc.),  and the two of you should date only during the day-you are to part ways before nightfall.   If you have a potential guy in mind, and he is fine with all of the above, he is indeed a good Christian man.

To Anonymous:  Who are you to judge anyone? And more than that, who are you to determine if this woman is a good Christian?  If she wasn't a good Christan, the fact that you come on here judging her instead of actually answering her question doesn't make you one either now does it?

MzBusinessWoman

Answer by MzBusinessWoman at 3:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• The short answer (because I'm tired) is that God will put the man who I'm meant to marry into my life. I need to be aware, and alert so I can be ready when I do meet my future husband. I'm not actively looking, or dating anyone at the moment. I suppose the best term for how I feel about it is "passively looking" - I'm keeping my eyes open, along with my heart. When I meet someone, I will pray about it and allow God to guide me.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 1:26 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• well, I'm not single, but when I was...I did go on a blind date, just so my co-worker would stop bugging me about it. I wasn't anymore interested in that date than the man in the moon when I left my house that night. I almost cancelled cause I was really content with the way things were. The second he walked in the door and we looked at each other....something clicked. We celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary 12/17.....God has his timing and thank goodness it has nothing to do with our timing. LOL Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• If you were a good christian you wouldn't be a single mom, since pre-marital sex and divorce are sins.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Wow anonymous, what a way to be judgmental! I didn't realize that all "good Christians" were perfect and never made a single mistake their entire lives, oh wait that was Jesus. We are ALL sinners, including judgmental, rude people like you. Good thing God is a forgiving God isn't it?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:01 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Thank you feesharose for the comment. But I'm ok with that (anonymous) comment cause I never thought I would of meet such a perfect person here on earth. But I thank God that I read the word of God when he said, "All have sin and falling short of his glory." No I'm not perfect not one bit. I press towards the mark...

jesspraise35

Answer by jesspraise35 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I'm kinda like gypsysmiles. . But it is hard to be patient. . .That is something I struggle with. . . And to the anonymous persons comment congrats on the 9yrs of marriage! And to the other, dont judge until you know her story. . . .
    buckeyemom23

Answer by buckeyemom23 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• 'saved, single and dating' could also mean she might be divorced(her husband committed adultery, so for anon, the bible says thats an ok divorce-reason), or she could be widowed..and still be a mom. i don't think the op meant only gals who were never married, and still bore children. geez, why always assume things and be nasty about it?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2008