This lady at target annoyed me for some odd reason O.o

i went to target today with my dad because i needed conditioner, some little snack bars called belly bar boost, and to see what kind of maternity swim suits they had(i couldn't find one sadly lol) so when we were getting checked out the lady at the register didn't think anything of me and my dad walking up but as soon as the belly bar box's got in front of her, her head jerked up and she gave me this nasty look, then she leaned over the counter to put the bag in the cart and she just stared at my belly....i knew i was gonna get dirty looks and comments about being 18 and pregnant, but i didn't think it would annoy me this much O.O

lol sorry needed to vent a little today or i was gonna take it out on my boyfriend later haha

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 9:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Preggo bathing suites are only in specialty stores. At least that was how it was 6 years ago.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I was 19/20 when I was pregnant. get used to it, I'm serious. People are ridiculous. I wore a fake diamond ring on my ring finger when I was pregnant because I got so embarassed, ashamed and tired of peoples rude looks and comments. It was hard enough with being overly emotional and then people are just dumb. All you can do is just smile through it and be the bigger person. For all you know they might just be jealous that you're pregnant and they arent. who knows. good luck :)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• target has some i just couldn't find a good looking one lol they have one online that i can order its really cute so ill probably just get that one
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• lol all i did do was smile when she started giving me dirty looks, after we left i was annoyed about it a little bit though haha
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't know what a belly bar boost is, but the lady was rude, and ignorant. Expecially working with the public, you shouldn't make judgement. What does she do to the men who buy tampons for their wives? (Without the wife there) Wonder if she tries to sell them KY with it? lol
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Often, that's the case - jealousy, I mean. This woman probably does not have kids. Maybe never had a partner she could have a child with, maybe her career got in the way, maybe she struggles with infertility. If she's been yearning for a child and unable to have one for whatever reason, seeing someone so "young" being pregnant may have just triggered an instinctive jealous reaction in her. Often people aren't very good at masking their initial reactions, try not to let it bother you, especially when you don't know what her situation is. For all you know, if you had said something or if she stopped to think about how she reacted, she might have felt truly horrible.

I think it's odd that as long as you're 18, you're an adult...you can do all kinds of things....but people still look at you funny if you get pregnant at 18. Like wtf? It's not like you're 15. People used to have kids at a much younger age. *shrugs*
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 9:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Just try to shrug it off. So you're pregnant, it happens. Youre 18, that means youre an adult and you dont need the random lady at Target's approval.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yuck.
    Anonymous

• I would've stared her down and asked if she had a problem.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I would have asked her what her problem was
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 11:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011