How did you tell your DH?

Curious by nature, I was wondering if anyone would like to share their experiences with telling their husbands/significant others that they're pregnant. All unique and traditional responses are appreciated. ^-^

dream-catcher

Asked by dream-catcher at 9:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 1st I just said Guess What?
    2nd I made a cake that said "baby #2 is on the way"
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• with my second, my dh had been laid off from his job 6 weeks before we found out we were expecting and he had been searching like mad for a job. I was 4 hours away at mjy mom's when i decided to test and got the positive.. he called to chat and told me that he was offered a job at a GREAT company that would land him a TON of OT right off (like 80 hre work weeks for over6 weeks) I said "well thats GREAT....I have news too... we're expecting again!" It was a HAPPY day!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• we went to cvs and bought a pregnancy test pack with 2 tests, so he knew i was going to take one, as soon as we got back to my house i took one and i showed it to him and all he said was "oh shit" then 2 hours later i took the second test and he said the same thing again lol
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 9:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Baby #2 was much more interesting than baby #1 (he was pretty much a honeymoon baby!) My c section had been infected and surgically repaired and had to heal from the inside out due to infection. It took 9 almost 10 months of daily nurse care at home packing the surgical site until it was finally healed entirely. So at the 10 month postpartum mark we got the OK for intercourse.... and less than a month later hubby brought some pee tests home from the store. We just instinctively knew we were going to be pregnant. (and were!) And at the 9 week ultrasound my husband grabbed a PINK marker to jot down the babies heart rate on the ultrasound photo. Instinctively knew it was a girl long before it was confirmed.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I didn't tell him, he told me. I had taken the little test, left it in the bathroom, went to go make a sandwich, I forgot about the test, good thing inspector gadget was on top of it cause I guess he had a timer set. Anywho then he told me. I almost fainted
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• baby #2 is on the way"

thats so cute
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 9:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• DD #1 - I felt tired all the time so I asked if we could stop at the store to get a test. I was 17 so took it in a gas station bathroom and we watched it turn positive together
    DD #2 we were fighting and I just happened to have a pregnancy test in my bathroom that a friend left there. I took it and then walked down the stairs and threw it at his head. I was 19.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• With my first pregnancy, my (now ex) husband was right there with me in the potty when I POAS so he read the results first. (miscarried)
    With my next two pregnancies/miscarriages, I didn't tell.
    With my daughter I wrote a poem "from" the baby and printed off a card with the poem in it and a stork carrying a baby on the front and gave it to my husband.
    With this one, I just sat in his lap and pulled the test out of my bathrobe pocket and gave it to him and said "look!" He says "Okay, it's a negative pregnancy test." "NO, silly, look CLOSER!" ....it was a faint line, lol.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My story is a lot like Domonique's- I had done my morning pee-on-the-stick routine (we were trying), and I got my bowl of cereal and sat on the sofa to eat. DH got up to use the restroom, and came back out immediately, grabbed my hand, and pulled me into the bathroom where we both stared in disbelief at two dark lines. Then we hugged and cried and laughed. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• 1 - told him I had errands to run and blew off softball practice that night (we were on his work team)... then when he got home I had a box for him to open with a teeny tiny baseball glove and ball

2 - box with a child's batting helmet

3- a home plate... cause I knew I was done.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2011