Bad thoughts..please answer if you can.

Have you ever experienced any of your kids having bad thoughts that interfere with their school and sleep? My son is having this problem. If you look up the symptom online they label it as OCD. Just want to know if anyone else is going through this, what have you done, did it work? I refuse to medicate. Thank you!(PS I don't judge you if you medicate, just not for my child)

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• talk to his doctor about it. From what I know OCD is best treated through therapy so look into play therapy for him if thats whats really up. Talk to his doctor and go from there. good luck!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Yes, checking with doctor is best. There is good reference material online, but it is only that - reference material. GL and take best of care
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 9:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• like what kinds of bad thoughts . I do have a mild form of OCD so I dont medicate, but I do have a friend who has to. You can try therapy sometimes it works wonders when meds aren't a option.
    ky_phoenix

Answer by ky_phoenix at 10:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• What is the nature of the bad thoughts? Is it thoughts like "i'm going to fail this test" or "what if someone brought a gun to school today"

Is he experiencing any physical symptoms along with them like increased heart rate, sweating, or any other general symptoms of anxiety?
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My DH was diagnosed with OCD as a child. His parents opted for hypnotism. The hypnotist had him select a word that would clear his mind of the negative or repetitive thoughts when he was feeling overwhelmed. It worked pretty well for him.
    Good luck!
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 11:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011