Anyway to get her removed?

I have recently been getting collection calls for my ex husbands first ex-wife. My ex and I have been divorced for 8 years and they have been divorced for 18 years. I decided to do a search of my name on various websites and have discovered she is now coming up as a relative. I regularly do these types of searches and have never seen her come up on one before. Is there anyway I can get her removed as a relative or do I just have to keep telling these people that I do not know where she is as I haven't seen her in 8 years?

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• tell them she is your husbands ex wife, not your ex wife, you have no connection to her or the debt. Stop Calling
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Tell them you have no idea where she may be or how to get a hold of her, and if they keep calling you'll file harassment charges.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• That's what I've been telling them so far. But I don't know what this woman is doing, but she's in it deep! I've talked to my ex husband and he said he's being getting numerous calls as well. Their children are adults, so he has no more dealing with her either. I'm just getting tired of all the calls. Everytime I tell one collector that I don't know where she is, I hope it's the last one, but then another one calls. And I absolutely hate the condescening "Oh, so you SAY you are not related and you don't know where she is. Is there ANYWAY you can get a message to her?"
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I would tell them to remove me from their 'list' and not to call anymore.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• With some companies (maybe all??) you can file a Cease and Decest, its kind of a pain, but it will stop the calls.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• whereever u see it maybe theres a number on the website to call.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• well you could get their information as far as address and city and state and zip code and her reference number and write them a do not contact letter to have them stop calling you. that worked for me.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2011