Ambien anyone

Did you take Ambien when you were pregnant? I was prescribed Ambien by my OB for night time anxiety, but I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I just don't know if I'm comfortable ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I havent used it. I probably wouldnt feel comfortable either, but talk to your dr in DEPTH about it and definitely do some research on your own. Good luck!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I took Ambien outside of pregnancy, and I didn't like the hangover, personally. It's considered safe during pregnancy. If you're unsure, are there other things you've tried that help you sleep? You might try the Ambien one night if it's nothing else works (be sure to give yourself AT LEAST 8 hours for sleep), and see how you feel about it. Definitely do your research before you pop it, though.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i took it pre-pregnancy and it worked well .... I have tried benadryl and tylenol pm, but they just make me sleepy and anxious lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• If it worked well for you before, give it a go. If you don't like it after one night, find an alternative. Do you have a sleep routine? That can really help. Are there any other anti-anxiety meds you can take?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Your ob knows what they are talking about. If you took it pre pregnancy and had no issues then I think you should be ok to try it.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 11:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I haven't taken it, but my sister did while she was pregnant and had hallucinations, I wouldn't feel safe taking it.
    kvanness0824

Answer by kvanness0824 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• they gave it to me when in the hospital with #3...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My SIL was really sick when she was pregnant and she was constantly in and out of the hospital and they gave her ambien to help her sleep. She lost the baby when she was like 10 or 12 weeks pregnant. I'm not saying the ambien caused her to miscarry because I don't know but I know anything you ingest your baby does too and I don't think a sleeping medication could be too good for a baby.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I wouldn't feel comfortable taking that
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My OB prescribed it to me during the 8 days I went over with my DD. It didn't help me sleep & it made me hallucinate. They told me not to get up after 10 minutes of taking it, but I had to. I constantly had to pee & I was very uncomfortable but never slept for anything. I'd actually wake my SO up in the middle of the night asking why there was a man standing behind the fan in the corner. It sucked so I only took it twice before I accepted I'd never sleep again lol.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2011