does every one feel this way at some point?

i feel like im not going to be able to give my daughter any thing.like im not good enough.like she would be better off with some one else and with out me there messing up her life.im scared im 17 and im just afraid im not going to be able to give her every thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My husband and I are very poor and we live with my parents I am 27 and he is 26. I got pregnant at 25 and had the same feelings as you. I think we all get the what ifs at some point. Everything has worked out fine for us so far. Keep your head up things will get better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• She doesn't need everything. She just needs you love and your best. I was 15 when I had my daughter and it was hard. I obviously couldn't give her everything, but I gave her my all. I think that it's harder for us younger moms to give them more, but you can do it! You'll be fine. No matter what you'll be perfect in her eyes. Good Luck and Congrats! Let me know if you need anything! :)
    yourmarkgirl

Answer by yourmarkgirl at 1:52 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Just about all moms will feel like this at some point. It is your maternal instinct kicking in. It means that you love your baby enough to put him/her first. You are already a better mother than some women much older than you.  I would talk to your doc sweetie. Maybe he/she can provide you with someone to talk to and some material on parenting.  You are young, but that does not mean that you aren't qualified to be a mom. Look on the the bright side. You will have plenty of energy to play with your child, and you are youthful enough to enjoy the energy. You are welcome to pm me anytime you want. I don't know what kind of support system you have, but I do know that the more support you have the easier this will be. Good luck momma!

alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• im just afraid of her hating me.and my dad keeps asking me how im going to do it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• She won't hate you if you love her, which you obviously do or you would't be stressing right now. Tell your Dad that you'll take it one day at a time, which is all that you can do. There is public assistance to help you provide for her basic needs until you can get on your feet, finish school, etc. Taking public assistance won't make you a bad mom either, it means you'll do what you need for you baby to be taken care of. tell your Dad that you would appreciate his support as well (emotional, finanical or both). You can get a part-time job after school, the baby can go to day care. Your life will never be the same, but it'll all be worth it when you see that little one. Stay strong!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:05 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• LOVE is the best thing you can give her! You don't have to worry about anything else for several years! No kid has everything----not even the rich ones!
    Love her---do your best---and if you have to get on public assistance (she doesn't have to know!) Love is so much better than money.
    Which is better? Love with somethings----or hate with almost everything? Which would you rather have?
    kgcmomma

Answer by kgcmomma at 2:28 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• you guys are right and im going to get my ged after i have her.i cant get help until i move into my own apartment.im just so stressed out right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• you guys are right i do love her.
    Anonymous

• baby, you can do this. think of it this way, millions of moms all over the world do this every day. (i mean being young, or being alone, or feeling insecure about your abilities). i was in your place (i was 18, alone, SCARED!) i had to look at it this way. people (my parents ecspecially) kept asking, why are you doing this? how are you going to do this? you cant do this! on and on and on. but i had to get into a state of mind where-i HAD TO DO THIS. i didnt have a choice. i had made a baby, i was now alone, it was hard, but it was what it was. i moved out when she was 5 mo. old, and never looked back. do what you can to better yourself, but dont overload. right now, focus on regrouping yourself, thinking about how you want to change your life, what can you do to make better choices, and read up and gain all the knowledge you can about mommyhood! (cont)
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• i dont even know you, but i can tell you that i believe in you! the fact that youve posted this tells me all i need to know about you. you are going to be a good mom. what your feeling is normal for first time moms, no matter what situation or what age. write out your thoughts, get them organized, and get going on your goals. you can do it! PM me if you want. you can even add me as a friend. i would love to give you all the encouragement i can-from one who has been there!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:36 AM on Nov. 27, 2008