Is Avery a boy name ?

I am having a little boy and his name is going to be Casyn and I like the name Avery for his middle name .... I have alwasy thought it was a gender neutral name ( I actually thought it was a boy name but now I have only seen girls with the name) ... my husband also thinks it is a girl name .... but I love it ( he likes it too he just wants to make sure its a boys name lol ) ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Baby Names

• I have a friend with a son named Avery, and another friend with a daughter named Avery. It's kind of a unisex name, so I think you're safe. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I know a man named Avery. I don't think anyone would consider him even remotely female. I always thought it was gender neutral
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I know men in there late twenties with the name avery ... more recently I have seen baby girls with this name. I think it was originally a boys name.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yes , boys
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think it has become unisex but I think it leans more towards boy.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yes I think it is kind of like the name Addison ... of course that is an "old" name for men ( and last names) and now it is really popular with girls...

I think we are definatly doing Casyn Avery
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think your husband is thinking it's a girl's name because it is a very soft sounding name. It's definitely no chuck or nick haha
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Patrick Stuart plays Deputy Director Avery Bullock on American Dad so it must be a male name...i went to school with a girl named Avery though...but i think i trust American Dad more
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i looked up where it ranked on the SSN Baby names site. it was 32 for girls and 223 for boys.  So yeah in recent yrs it's been more a girl name than boy.  I know a girl named Avery

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I have only known guys that are named Avery.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011