Do you buy your daughters tutus and bows?

Do you moms of girls buy the cute little tutus and bows? Where do you buy them, a store or an individual? And lastly how much do you pay for them?

SunflowerMom10

Asked by SunflowerMom10 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• well my daughter in May will be on her 3rd annual ballet recital so we've had tutus and things for a LONG TIME now. Target, Walmart, Ebay, Etsy.com are all decent places to look. Claires at the local mall and also stop into any dance studios in your area..... they almost always have little boutiques there w/ cute things for sale. ESPECIALLY june/july right after recital season. you can get gorgeous recital costumes dirt cheap
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• this is a terrific website to check out.... their prices are compere with target but much better quality and fancy things. and they have constant sales and clearance section

http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_SK596.html?pid=6357&Shop=Style&SID=236205413
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I haven't bought a tutu yet...but I have a ton of bows. I used to buy them from an individual...they were 3.00 each...and extra 4-5.00 if you needed the band with it. My cousin makes them for me now. So much cheaper. I buy the ribbon at Hobby Lobby. A whole spool is 2.00 but I usually get it 50% off. Then she has a ton of ribbon to make lots of bows for less than I was paying for one single bow. She learned how to make them on the internet. It takes her NO time at all...super cute~
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 10:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i've been thinking about making them. i've seen a ton of pictures with little girls in them from birth on. they look relatively simple to make and i could use the extra money. i'm just trying to get the feel out on who would buy them and how much they're worth. thanks guys!
    SunflowerMom10

Comment by SunflowerMom10 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• My tom boy is not into that stuff. There is a mom on here that sells that stuff, her name is imthemrs

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• i make my own! they are so cute!!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2011