What do you think?

I have been dating a guy for 2 months now i have know him for 8 years and he is was my mr. right. He told me he loved me and said sweet things all the time to me. He really let me take my wall down. I trusted him and seen a future with him and last week you found out his orders through the army. He has been in afgan for almost a year he is going to be home in 2 weeks. His orders say he leaves for germany in sept. We have been talking off and on what we are going to do. He told me on thur he wanted me to move with him in june and stay the summer together to see where it would and he loved me and today when i talked to him he says it over and he dont want me to wait for him and its to much and it was done. He would answer and question or let me down easy. I want to know what you think? Is he leaving me for a other girl or because he cares about me enough he dont want to make me wait 2-3 years for him. I am willing to wait and work on thing but it takes two to make something work. I really do love him just don't know what to think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• By the sounds of it he doesn't want to make you wait because he's going to germany. They usually spend anywhere from 2-4 years over there and it's VERY difficult to date a guy that's stationed over there! I did it once and it didn't last very long unfortunately, he was a great guy but the distance for whatever reason is what pushed us apart. Good luck wait until he gets home to have a REAL sit down with him and find out what's going on! I wish you luck and if you need someone to talk to please feel free to pm me!
    Bird16_J

Answer by Bird16_J at 10:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I think you need to talk to him. Probably don't want you to wait or thinks a long distance relationship will be too hard.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Whiie on thur he is saying move in with me and he loves me and yesterday send me a email and called me babe and today its over and dont want to talk about it and end of story. I just have been laying around the house crying my eyes out cuz i lost my best friend and he couldn't let me down easy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Why don't you go with him to Germany? Pay for your own ticket? Tell him how you feel and cry *alot*
    I'm sorry you're in pain you are not in an easy situation. If he loves you he'll find a way for you to go. Of course you're not married so you have to pay your own way. Why don't he marry you?
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 10:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Ask him to marry you. Why not? See what happens....see how he responds.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 10:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I don't think he's letting you down easy or that there has to be another girl. He sounds confused, and a lot of guys are when they come home. I don't know a single one that didn't go through something after combat. He may have some real psychological issues that he has to deal with now. My exhusband passed his PTSD test, but still manages to almost kill me in his sleep twice. This guy will be home soon, spend some time with him then and see what happens. He may be a wonderful guy, just not your Mr. Right, give it time your prince will arrive :)
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• He says he don't want to be rushed into getting marriage he want to do it when he is ready. I don't have the money right now to fly there I am just getting out of college and working and most my money goes to paying for a roof over my daughter head and pull ups on her butt. It could work if he really wanted it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Do not respond at all. Let him think and you do the same. My advice is if you don't know what to do then do nothing at all. Wait and see what's next. Good luck.

hugs

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Let it go.

He has proved to be a liar.

I would call or mail him, "JUST TO CUSS HIM OUT" !!

He has prove to be sneaky, and a liar.

You HONEY, NEED TO BE "PISSED OFF" not hurt.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• If you've been dating him 2 months, don't ask him to marry you! Wow, not really good advice there. I married my ex-husband after being together 3 months and I don't recommend getting married quickly to anyone now.

Anyway, I think that the first response is right. It is hard to have a relationhip with those infringements. I do know people who have made it, and know people who haven't. But if you're together 2 months and you love him that much, and he just let you go, maybe he doesn't have the same feelings at this point to have you wait that long for him. Or maybe he heard from others what it will be like while he's stationed there and he doesn't want a long distance relationship.

You need to get more info out of him if you feel you don't have enough though. Best wishes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2011