Baby constipated.>?

My daughter hasn't pooped in 2 days.. what can I give her to Poooo!?

staciepi

Asked by staciepi at 10:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Prune juice maybe? Call and ask her doctor.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 10:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Under 1 you should call a doctor before trying anything. 2 days is not that long. Doctors say it does not matter how often you poo it is the texture and hardness that judges constipation. My daughter was constipated since she was very young. They gave her Miralax. It was prescribed back then, but now OTC.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I agree with the PP. It matters on how old she is. With my daughter I would give them prune or pear baby food, but as they got older I was able to give thema suppository. That have them for children. It says 2-11 years old on the container, but my girls pedi told me it was ok to give to them at a year old and after. Speak with your daughter pedi about it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I used the baby juice... (prune's) just a few sips.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 10:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I used to give my daughter chocolate!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 11:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• she is 8 months old
    staciepi

Comment by staciepi (original poster) at 7:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• My sone was constipated at 3.5 months and my doc told me to give him apple juice. He was still on a liquid diet and was pooping solid. The apple juice worked (overworked is more like it) We started on just 2oz of watered down apple juice but had to go to 4 oz of strait apple juice to get it to really work. Now we have a steady diet of 2-3 oz of apple juice a day along with his formula.
    barbie.s

Answer by barbie.s at 10:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• What is her diet? A good thing to know is that infant constipation is defined as passing dry, hard, pellet like stool. If she is breastfed, EBF babies can often go days, even weeks between bowel movements, safely. If she's on solids, try offering solids that are higher in fiber. Don't use Karo syrup in babies as it carries a slight risk of botulism poisoning.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Every morning I give my DD 1ounce prune juice and 2 ounces water...just to get the flow going :)
    LiviLove613

Answer by LiviLove613 at 8:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011