What to do in my living room?

I am a big plant fan, and I have between 25 and 30 plants in my living room. Some need to be by the window, some can be just under fluorescent lights. How would you arrange things so that you could have some plants by/in the window, and some under the fluorescent light in the dining room? Shelf ideas or anything, really?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 10:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• google Feng Shui and see what is suggested.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• You could put a light across the top of one wall then put little shelves, the size of a pot, in random spots. It would be like art.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Do you have a patio they could go on instead?
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't, and I can't put them outside anyway because the neighborhood children will NOT leave them alone(I've already tried!), even in my flowerbed below my front window. So, instead of stressing over the neighbor's kids and my plants, I just decided to keep them inside.
    lovingmy4babies

Comment by lovingmy4babies (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My mother uses the plants in front of her window in teh dinning and livingroom and a plant lamp to help in winter. It looks great. If I had a picture I would post sorry. I guess now its a must see.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• We are putting a wide moulding around the perimeter of out living room, where it will act as a shelf. I'm going to set plants up high, as well as put up framed pictures, decor, and recessed lighting. (likely to be Xmas lights, we'll put in a hidden recepticle.) The plants that need the most light will be directly in the light across from the window or directly above. It's going to be a relatively inexpensive project, considering the space it will free up in the house!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:52 PM on Mar. 30, 2011

• try hanging a few in front of the windows, staggering then in lengths...
    tower plant stands also will work bc those that need more window can be placed on the
    side closest to the windows while others in...
    if some plants need sun, but not direct sun, try scattering thru-out the living room within
    sun light directions...
    I use small individual stands, larger plant shelving stands and my end tables (if needed) and
    simply place them in different areas of the house... tho I have 2 bay windows and most of my plants
    are comfortable in the dining room bay, I have had them all over in lighted areas of the house...also
    have several hanging up....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:56 PM on Mar. 30, 2011