How do I stop my 2 yr old from kicking off his blanket?

He is very tall and about to grow out of his sleeping bag any day now. Unfortunately they don't do the bags any larger which means I need to start using blankets but he keeps kicking them off when he sleeps and because he is sleeping he is too drowsy to pull it back up over him. I have tried tucking the blankets into the sides of the bed to stop them from moving but to no avail. This kid is a kicker.

I don't want to buy bed rails because this would prevent him from falling which means he will continue to keep rolling in his sleep which would mover his blankets.

HELP!!

graceluc

Asked by graceluc at 11:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• footy pj's
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Ya can't just make sure he is warm in jammies. My boy does the same thing! he's a kicker & there is no way i couldkeep him tucked in tight.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Ya, thick jammies. My kids wore those sleep sacks until they learned to walk in them! I can relate!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Sew him a "sleep sheet" out of flannel. Buy double the length of blanket you need, fold it in half and sew up both sides, kinda like a large pillow case...super easy, even if you have to sew by hand.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Ya i put my son in the footed pjs becasue he will not keep a blanket on
    meg1213

Answer by meg1213 at 3:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would say warmer jammies too ! We put DS in long sleeves and long pants Pjs , because we like the air on and the fans going while we sleep.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• There is no way to stop someone from kicking off the blankets unless you want to just sit and watch him sleep all night... Warmer Pj's are a must!! haha. :)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 5:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011