Concieving with irregular periods adult content

I have very irregular periods and dont have any money to see a specialist.(they all want almost 300 the first visit) My DH and I want a child together. we have custody of his son and I am basically the mom to him, but i would like a child of my own, its starting to seem like itll never happen. Can I get pregnant with barely ever getting periods??? Does anyone know what I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You could buy ovulation kits. That will help you gage when your most likely to conceive.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• Do you have an OB/GYN or is that what you mean by specialist? I have very irregular periods, and conceived DD on birth control patch. A couple years later my OB/GYN told me birth control helped me get pregnant (by regulating me), and that if/whenI wanted to conceive #2 I would have to allow to try for at least a year before turning to fertility assistance (Clomid). Well I had my IUD out in Sept 2009, and we weren't very careful but I had maybe 1 period in a year? So this past summer the Dr gave me hormones to induce a period and two weeks later I conceived #2 (I'm 29 weeks). I'm not advising using birth control to try to get pregnant, but if you could see an ob/gyn and talk to them about possible reasons, get completely checked out and talk about reasonable options that would probably help a lot. Also when couples start stressing about conceiving it tends to decrease chances, not stressing is easier said than done I'm sure...
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• yeah a OB/GYN... I need to just come up with the money... but u know life something always comes up financially. Thank u for ur help!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• How long have you been ttc? Depending on age and how often you're trying, I can take quite awhile.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I am 24. And have used no protection since ive been married at 19. So I guess almost five years.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Mar. 28, 2011