Swollen!

I am 29wks, my blood pressure has been staying in a really good level (I take blood pressure medications, since my toxemia in my first pregnancy 5 years ago never went away). Today I spent much of the day in the car and then sitting during my brothers deployment ceremony, and even with sitting with my legs up, and sleeping for a couple hours I feel puffy and swollen. I am hoping it will pass, I don't havea bp cuff at home to monitor (I ask a nurse at work to do this, or I use my dad's cuff at my parents house). Not sure what else to do...I should've probably drank more water today too. My face feels fat today, but not swollen, so I know I shouldn't be alarmed about the toxemia (though that's hard to do, it's been a pretty constant fear during this pregnancy). So anyhow, I suppose my question is how does everyone else deal with their swelling?

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Drink lots of water, put my feet up, and have Dh pamper me. In that order. ;) My feet have been swelling lately too.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• I had a problem with swelling with all 3 dss. I had to really watch the salt intake. I had to walk more to get my blood circulating better.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• lots of water, feet up and relaxing
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• ugg i hate the swelling! i cut out the high sodium foods, drink more water (which sucks!), and keep my feet up whenever i can. i also try to get a foot rub every once in a while out of DH...it doesnt cut out the swelling but it makes my feet feel less gross.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I followed Dr. Brewer's Pregnancy diet during my second pregnancy and it made a world of difference. I'd highly suggest that you look into it especially if this has been an on going thing.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Lots of water and LOTS of protein..about 1/2 gram per day for each pound you weigh is recommended during pregnancy...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Drinks TONS of water. Keep your feel elevated
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 9:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I'm in the same boat today. I really overdid it this weekend and my legs swole up. It happened a couple weeks ago and I was able to get the swelling down by drinking lots and lots of lemon water the next day.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• make sure you drink & stay hydrated. Also try and limit salty foods.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 6:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011