What would you do?

Football season is around the corner and my ds will be in football for the 3rd time, he really likes it so of course we will be registering him but now my dd might want to join their drill team but I am not sure yet bc she will have to be there on Saturdays ALL day and if it is an away game it will be just as long and I will be there too.
I am willing to do this but not sure if she really wants to be in this she is always dancing in the house and singing I want her to do something outside the home. While being at the game we can be there for the duration of my ds game but my dd will have to be there for all four levels ( freshman,sophomore,junior and seniors)....ugh!
Omg! Sometimes it it so very hot I am literallysweating buckets...:/
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If that is what she really wants to do (and not something quicker and cooler, like basketball played indoors!), I'd let her try it this year. She may not like it and she may love it, but if you let your son do his thing and not your daughter, that could make her feel like his interests are more important than hers.

I wouldn't like it eitehr though. Definitely be taking up a hobby to keep busy all day waiting around. Now that you've warned me, I will try to convince my kids to like things that are easier to fit into the schedule and not get heat stroke
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2011

• I would let her do it if she asked.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2011

• If it's something she really wants to do,I'd let her do it,but if it's not that important to her,maybe suggest another activity.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• How old is she?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:23 PM on Mar. 30, 2011